Wednesday 6 May 2020

Merchants, Small Ships & Markers



Merchant Ships

I had a blast painting these, particularly the small ships. I think they're some of Tumbling Dice's best sculpts.

East Indiaman and two large fluyts

Hoekers

Yachts

Small Merchants. I might get some more of these - they'll make good fireships.

Zeeland Sloops

Cromsters

Markers

While I was waiting for stuff to dry I got on with making up some more generic markers. I'm always running out of them, so I did all the remaining ones I had. I'm almost certainly going to need more, but Warbases are closed for the moment due to this ghastly plague business, so it'll have to wait for now.

First up, some wake markers to replace the ones I had. These are 20mm square with rounded corners. They can be used to mark when a ship has moved, and if it has turned:

I've got a bunch of cheap sticky numbers to put on them to indicate speed, for use with my hex conversion of Dahlgren & Columbiad. Not lovely, but they'll do for now till I replace them with some decent Letrasets:

Then some more general double sided markers. The oblong ones are great for broadside reloading:

And finally a test paint of one of the casualty marker discs from Warbases. These will be used for aircraft formations to indicate either altitude or number of flights/aircraft etc.:


2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Great idea for the wake markers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. Of course they'd be more effective if I'd painted my bases a consistent colour...

      Delete